The Right Start For First Time Leaders
Front line leadership skills for creating a culture of inclusion, consistency, and professionalism.
Typically, within one month of moving into a Supervisor level position, that person will need some guidance and reinforcing strategies for leading others. This training module accomplishes that by providing new supervisors with concrete, hands-on tools to help them lead their teams through targeted communication, coaching, and counseling.
After completing this 3-day training forum, participants will improve team performance by successfully applying learned concepts:
- Living the role and characteristics of an effective supervisor
- Training front line employees through learning styles
- Determining what method of communication will garner the best results
- Praising and reprimanding more effectively
- Strengthening focus on operational performance measures
- Planning and organizing daily activities
- Reaping performance results through a balance of taking care of the mission and taking care of the people
- Defining standards of performance for the front line team
- Choosing appropriate forms of counseling that best fit employee’s situation and supervisor’s needs
- Preparing for a counseling session, getting to the root cause of an issue, helping counselee resolve problems, and documenting the session
- Providing follow up with front line employees to focus on enhancing their skills
Methods of instruction: Informal Lecture, Guided Discussion, Application level exercises